Hennerton House


Hennerton House, was built by C F Johnson in 1817, and takes its name from Hennerton Lane which runs along the northern boundary of the property and down the Hennerton Hill to what is now known as Hennerton Backwater. Partly as a result of the Enclosure Award, Johnson and his successor, William Rhodes, owned land on both sides of the backwater. They therefore claimed The Backwater as their own, and hence called it The Hennerton Backwater. Hennerton House commands and fine view from the crest of the hill across the Surrey Country side overlooking the River Thames and Henley. The project involved the alterations to the South West facade and internal alterations to provide alternative access from the ground to the first floor. Whilst the building was not listed at the time it had been earmarked as a Grade II listing and the works were granted planning.

346 Kennington Road SE11 4LD +44 (0) 207 793 0221

Silk Mews Architects